One of the student asked me while connecting to report server url, he was prompted the error as “The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database”
Looking at the error, it states that the report server database is not accessible by the report server.
Let us see the SQL Server report server configuration settings.
Go to SQL Server Configuration Manager –> Click on SQL Server Reporting Services Configuration Manager –> Click on Database as shown below
As you can see in the Figure 2, there were no report server database(s) configured on the instance. Let’s configure the report server database
Click on Change Database and follow the below screenshots
Now, connect the report manager url , Here you go!
Note: Sometimes you may face permission issue while connecting to report manager url as show in Figure 11
When you get a permission error as above,
- open the browser as administrator
- Go to report manager url –> click on site setting –> Click on Security
- Click on New Role Assignment
- Add user to System Administrator role
- Close the browser and reconnect the browser. There you go!. You are able to connect report server.
Hope you enjoyed the post!
LinkedIn: LinkedIn Profile